Links to Well-Loved Recipes to Nourish Mind, Body & Soul:
Montana Summer Recipes (a partnership with Wicked Good Farm CSA):
- Garlicky Guacamole
- Light Supper Summer “Stir Fry” (featuring peas)
- Blow Your Mind Plate O’ (Garlic) Scapes
- 5 Ways To Iceberg (Lettuce)
- Spring Vegetable (Barese Chard) Stir Fry
- Braised & Curried Bok Choy
More for Summer Time:
- Pitta-Pacifying Late Summer Plate — to cool body, mind & emotions!
- Beat-The-Heat-Smoothly Smoothie — flavorful, cooling, substantial
- Chickpea with Coconut Pesto — guest recipe from Joyful Belly
Great for Spring Time & Cleansing:
- Spring Miso & Vegetable Soup — great pre-cleanse recipe
- Red Lentil & Root Soup — another great pre-cleanse recipe
- Digestive Tea — Cumin, Coriander & Fennel for regulating digestion
- Ghee — purified butter recipe
- Kitchari — simple and pure, best basic cleansing recipe
- Sprouted Mung Beans — great for a more cleansing Kitchari
- Simply Ginger Tea — boost your digestive fire with this easy to make healing tea
- Appetizers to Boost Digestive Fire — best taken 20-30 minutes before a meal
All Time Favorites:
- Chai — authentic recipe from my teacher Dr. Rosy Mann (can be made caffeine-free!)
- Golden Milk — a sleep tonic for body & soul
- Garlic Scape Split Pea Soup w/ Caramelized Onion, Almond & Crouton topping — early, light supper option!
- Butternut Squash Curry Bisque — my fall favorite!
- Coconut Curry Chickpea — guest recipe from the Kripalu Kitchen
– – – – – – –
Healing, in my opinion, can come in many forms. Sometimes foods and drinks that nourish by providing a calming effect are most healing. Other times, it’s those that energize. Still, there are times when what we consume best suits us if it cleanses our digestive system.
In my quest to better understand food as medicine, and striving to eat locally sourced organic ingredients, I spend time with my nose in cookbooks such as: